Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing but lacking

Sail Date: November 03, 2012

This was the second Carnival cruise I have been on, and I was not too impressed with the Elation. The ship itself was kept up well, and the staff was very friendly and attentive, but the food was absolutely sub-par. I remember my last cruise having 5-star meals in the dining room, and the buffets being very satisfying. This food, however, was the opposite. The meals prepared in the dining room were small and bland, and I felt like I was eating from a high school cafeteria elsewhere. Eggs were all instant and tasteless, not too mention runny. One day they served the same thing on the buffet line as was being served in the dining room. Also they closed down breakfast 30 mins early another day, which left us without any. The only decent food seemed to be the desserts and the stir fry line. The "Vegas-style" shows were ok, but cheesy and lackluster also. One thing I enjoyed were the comedy shows. They had 2 comedians on board, and shows every night. 2 family friendly shows and 2 adult shows, and they were all excellent. Overall, it was an inexpensive way to get out on the water, but I'll look at other cruise ships in the future.

Pros: Staff and service

Cons: FOOD

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.