Never again!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 28, 2012
Ship: Carnival Elation
There were two small pools for a 2000 people. The activities were poorly organized. One even ran over and so they canceled the bingo game that was supposed to happen after it. The crew didn't seem to want to help or wait on us. They didn't seem to want to be bothered. Much less, most of them couldn't understand us, and we couldn't understand most of them. The activities were boring, and there weren't that many of them. This was my first cruise and I will never go again. Maybe other ships have more pools and more activities. But this boat was a big waste of my time and money. It wasn't even that clean. I was just most surprised at how the staff was so not helpful. I was always told how on a cruise you were waited on hand and foot. This is far from the truth for this boat! Also, the excursion was a ripoff! 3 hours of beach time, hard funky \"lounge\" chairs you can't even lay on your front to tan your back on, COLD disgusting food, and again attitude from the people who were supposed to be waiting on us.

The food at the assigned time dining was good. The food at the anytime seating restaurant was usually not hot and wasn't that good.

My 11 and 14 year olds didn't like the children's programs so they didn't attend. Therefore\, they were bored\, and we also weren't able to go to the evening programs that weren't fit for kids.

There was not one example of going above and beyond. I got attitude from a couple of the staff on board.

Room was so tiny and had bunk beds. Nowhere to sit.

Cons: I did not find the staff very friendly at all\, and everything was too crowded. Food wasn't that good either.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.