Our First Cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: November 01, 2009
As our first cruise, my wife and I were concerned after reading some of these reviews. A lot of people seemed to not like their cruise, but after looking back, we are not one of them! We had the time of our life!
Having our rooms clean as a whistle everyday and even having our beds turned down at night was the cherry on the sunday. It couldnt have been better! My wife and I will enjoy our second cruise about 6 months from now!

There was more different kinds of food than I could eat! Personally did not care for the pink peppercorn sause on the steak. Just SEEING my apparent dislike, my waiter came right to me and gave me a chance to order again without suggesting my dislike on the first dish. I couldnt believe how nice and friendly he was. The Pizza was crispy and really good, I worked in a pizza place for 2 years myself. The sushi was good, but just good, not great. Same fish is served on the 3rd day as the first, and my wife says fish becomes more 'fishy' through the time of the cruise.

Shows were great, talent level was just average, but they did great with what they had. The comedy show was great, mixology was great, battle of the sexes, etc. Just an overall great schedule of events.

Very friendly, and made sure to let us know, this cruise was all about us having a great time. Bartenders were amazing, and our steward beat them all! No telling how much work he had to do, but he still remembered our names and made sure to let us know he was there. He kept our room perfectly clean and even made our bed twice a day!

Size and layone of the ship was great. The decor was very nice, regardless of how old it might be (not saying it was). Everything was very clean and easy to find.

I couldn't believe how perfect it was! So clean, everything was perfect. Ice was replaced twice a day just for us! Best overall location is without a doubt in the middle of the boat, it couldnt have been better.

Pros: Customer Service!

Cons: Lack of personality of Casino dealers

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!