"Bored out of my mind"

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: October 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Elation
The staff were really nice and accommodating, the rooms were clean, the food areas were kept up and clean. If you don't drink alcohol, and you're by yourself, and it's too cold inside and out, they're only so much walking you can do, or so much TV you can watch. For those who like to drink and spend their hard-earned money on alcohol, they will probably enjoy this experience. Although I would recommend this to other people, I'm no longer interested in cruises. I'm glad to know since I've always wanted to go on a cruise. Been there, done that. Don't have the TV shirt, but I did buy a nice pair of capri pants. So glad to be home and warm at last. Kudos to Mr. Miller at for being the best phone agent I've ever experienced. Hope he had a better time on his cruise than I did.

I didn't eat at the dining room, only the buffet. The food was varied and plentiful. Sometimes oversalted and cold, the meats were usually overdone and tough, and too salty. The Japanese soup was spot on, really good. The New England Chowder was probably from the midwest :(

I didn't spend money on extras so I don't know if the instructions were OK. Sometimes the instructions were overkill, but I guess with such a large crowd to instruct, you have to do that. The variety show was really good. The hypnosis was lame. Buy art? Please. I don't think so. They pianists and musicians were really good.

Really nice people. I'm sure they know they'll be rated. Good job to everyone.

The decor was fun and lovely, over the top sometimes, but I like that.

Beautiful room, even without A/C too cold. Love the modern decor in bathroom. Shower good.

Pros: cleanliness and speed with which they took down and set up meals in the buffet and the Tuesday night show

Cons: the temperature was SO cold inside and out, 24/7, other than drink, not much to do, and I don't drink :(

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!