Carnival Elation Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Good weekend getaway

Sail Date: May 28, 2009

Overall we had a good time. The ship itself is pretty nice, the staff was friendly and the food was good. The entertainment was wonderfully cheesy. The highlights were the adult comedian shows and the adult hypnotist show.

Pros: The food

Cons: Booking with Orbitz

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Our stateroom was clean and about the size I expected. The only thing we didn't like was if you wanted one big bed to sleep in as a couple, they only shoved together two twins. The result is an uncomfortable crack in the middle.
For our age group, it wasn't the most fun we could have had. The late night entertainment was best for us.
This ship has a water slide and miniature golf course which were fun. I would say my only complaint was that the swimming pool itself was tiny.
The sit-down dinner is when you get the best food. For what I would consider to be mass-produced food, the sit-down dinners are rather excellent. The breakfast and lunch options are a little less quality but still taste good, which is important. You don't go on a cruise to loos weight.
From our stateroom staff to our wait staff, everyone was friendly and attentive.
Catalina Island, California
There is not a whole lot to do besides shop and eat. If you are into seeing the sealife and coral around the island, then I suppose all the glass bottom boat type tours are good. My other half and I did a snorkeling excursion which was inexpensive and fun.