Poor Entertainment; Rowdy; Hazardous;

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 31, 2013
Ship: Carnival Breeze
The entertainment was non-existent; the shows were loud and lacked any form of entertainment quality. Even the secondary shows were poor quality-Spanish singer, which sang every night in main lobby (I guess this was the clientele' this ship was catering to); even the Piano Bar was pitifully-loud; couldn't play...just banged the keys. He did know ever song that was requested...but added a lot of profanity, obscene and objectionable material.
We always book a baloney, however, with this ship I would never consider a baloney again! As smoking is allowed on all baloneys; and there was a definite fire hazard, as the cabins above & beside us we observed other passengers flipping cigarette ash as well as cigarette from their baloney...which could have easily blown back and started a fire. It should also be noted that one evening I was dressed for dinner, and went onto the baloney, and came back in covered with cigarette ashes...not a pleasant experience. Not only was this something that prevented me from enjoying my baloney; that I had paid extra for...additionally, I had cigarette butts all over my baloney every morning. I SAW NOTTHING IN THE CRUISE BROCHURE STATING THAT SMOKING WAS PREMITTED ON BALONEY!
On our deck (which was deck 10); there were many young adults that ran wide open; and were very disruptive- which left us very uneasy until we finally observed Security two days prior to the end of this cruise, tackling the issue...however, the first six days no one seemed to address the problem. I did observe the profanity that was used by these young adults as they addressed the Security Force; and must say it was very disturbing.
The food was pre-fab stuff lacked the usual choices; in the specialty dining room-I order lasagna- which had short rib meet & a sweet potato in it-lasagna it was not (appeared to be left over thrown in a lasagna). The buffet area was tight, not a lot of choices; long lines to get an omelet (even very early in the morning). When you come off of a cruise, and the best food compliment is that the ship had the most amazing Hamburger Bar; improvement is needed!
The highlight of our cruise; and the saving grace was Serenity Level; and the wondering Bar Staff that served it - Ivan and Jana - without them I would have to say this cruise was a total waste of time.

Okay- for pre-fab food; certainly not the quality I would expect on a cruise!

What Activities?????

Poor Entertainment!

N/A

The Staff as very acceptable

Small but nice!

Enjoy the Serenity Deck; and make sure to visit with Ivan & Jana; best service on this ship!