Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A less then perfect experience

Sail Date: October 01, 2012

The ship itself was great. The day to day people on the ship were great and did their best to provide a great experience. The second line people seemed as though they were tired with their jobs. 90% of them almost seemed to have an attitude when dealing with them and it felt like they could not wait to get off the ship. Numerous members told myself and my wife that their contract was up and they could not wait to back to Barcelona to go home.

Pros: The ports and the itinerary

Cons: The second line staff and feeling that crew was tired

Recommends Carnival Breeze? No.

Couple nights our meals were poor. Seemed that the kitchen struggled when cooking steaks. Had steaks arrive cold or way over cooked. With that said there were a couple meals that were really really good!
As I said staff was way below what I expected
Their were a couple good shows at night\, but the bigger issue was the cruise director (John) and his assistant (Calvin). I understand John struggles with some weight issues and can respect that\, but at the same time making jokes about himself and his weight for 13 straight grew very old. I also felt offend listening to him and Calvin and their daily \"spats\". They had an under lying theme of gay man in a spat with his partner and it became rather hard to listen to day after day. It made me feel uncomfortable and I feel I am a very open minded person.