Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Good cruise, bad customer service

Sail Date: September 19, 2012

I thought that the ship itself was great! It's a very nice ship. I enjoyed having a balcony room.

Pros: The ports

Cons: The scams they called excursions

Recommends Carnival Breeze? No.

The slides are the best part of the ship.
I really liked our server Donald from Croatia! He was wonderful. Such a treat to talk to him each evening at dinner!
Our stateroom stuard was wonderful! So sweet!! Always remembered our names and would actually talk to us if he saw us.
We went on two excursions with Carnival Breeze and I was very upset with both. We went to Rome by private train and discovered that we could have taken a train into Rome for under 10 euros per person and I paid $99 per person. I didn't think the private train was nice at all. Especially since there were no refreshments and it was NOT private at all. The other cruise ships in port also had their guests on our train. You cannot sell something as private if it is not!
The other excursion was Florence and Pisa. I paid $360 approx. for my husband and I to go on this excursion. On the whole guided tour my radio box with the ear phones didn't work. I was unable to hear most of what the tour guide said which was the whole reason I choose that tour for the guide! When I told the guide, they didn't have another radio box for me to exchange for, so I was stuck with mine that didn't work. When I complained, I got 20% refunded. That's IT! Should have been $360!!!!!!!!!!!!
They played all older movies. Last cruise I was on (Princess) they played all NEW release movies. And there was actually some good channels and movies to watch for free in the cabin rooms. On Carnival Breeze if you want to watch a movie, you pay for it! Hence the nickel and diming like I mentioned before!