Azamara Quest Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Make the Best of your Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Overall\, I would not recommend this cruise to people who are well travelled or have high standards of quality experiences as you will likely be disappointed with current services. If you are a infrequent traveller\, you may very well enjoy the excursion experience of being pampered away from home with new ports each day.

Pros: Excellent service staff with responsiveness to request

Cons: Freshness of food and land excursions disappointing

Recommends Azamara Quest? No.

I sailed on this same ship in 2009 five years ago. It has a nice overall ship size\, layout and is kept clean. The ship looked dated in 2009 and is now definitely looking like it needs some replacements to furnishings.
The quality of the food can be excellent as experienced through the Chef's Menu's with Wine Tasting\, Prime C\, Aqualine or Captain's Best of the Best. Generally the food in the main dining areas is below the quality I prefer and found discouraging.
We reserved the primary stateroom and enjoyed the amount of space it provided and location within the ship. The decor was in need significant improvements.
Staff was always willing to help and friendly\, but not always able to excecute or perform to my standards\, specifically in the spa and fitness area.
The quality of entertainers seemed to me to fall short of preferred quality and expectations.