Azamara Quest Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Worst!

Sail Date: January 01, 2009

I cruised on the Quest from Hong Kong to Beijing in Feb. 2009 and it was a complete disaster. The norovirus was going around the ship and everyone was sick. I stayed healthy but passengers were threatened with instant removal from the ship if they didn't report their illness. It was their first time in these ports and immigration was terrible. We disembarked 4 hours late in Beijing and got off before our bags which were literally thrown in a pile on the dock. As a widow who travels alone (24 cruises on Celebrity) I was informed I could not eat in the specialty restaurants alone or join another table. I had to find someone to dine with before I could make a reservation. I felt invisible on this ship. Hopefully they will get their act together as I really would like to cruise with Azamara again.

Pros: Size of the ship

Cons: Completely disorganized

Recommends Azamara Quest? No.