AmaSonata Cruise Review to Europe

AMA Waterways Tulip Time

Sail Date: March 25, 2015

I've just returned from a trip on the AMA Sonata on the Tulip Time itinerary. The ship is beautiful and the service was impeccable. I love the intimate environment where you get to know the staff and talk with so many other guests onboard. Its very different from an ocean liner. I especially loved how port intensive it was and that you could walk off the ship and mix with the locals at a nearby pub or market. The history was so interesting and the walking tour and biking tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. You can't go wrong with booking this trip but I would recommend adequate health in walking a few miles at a time, even slow. I will be recommending this cruise to my friends and family!

Cruise Photos

public rooms as nice as any ocean liner, if not nicer
I never ate so much in my life!
designed well for optimum space
I knew them all by name! And they knew me.
catered to an older crowd but great talent
Children's Programs Did not apply
got more activity being in port than on ship
tour guides exceptional
EDAM, NETHERLANDS
cheese tasting, yummy!
Ghent (Brugge), Belgium
What a beautiful city with charm
Willemstad, Netherlands
Don't miss the bike tour
Keukenhof Gardens (From Amsterdam), Netherlands
so many tulips!

For unpredictable weather conditions, I would bring a waterproof raincoat or poncho. Umbrellas were difficult in the wind and cumbersome to hold on tours