AMA Waterways Tulip Time

AmaSonata Cruise Review to Europe

7 Night Tulip Time (Amsterdam Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 25, 2015
Ship: AmaSonata

I've just returned from a trip on the AMA Sonata on the Tulip Time itinerary. The ship is beautiful and the service was impeccable. I love the intimate environment where you get to know the staff and talk with so many other guests onboard. Its very different from an ocean liner. I especially loved how port intensive it was and that you could walk off the ship and mix with the locals at a nearby pub or market. The history was so interesting and the walking tour and biking tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. You can't go wrong with booking this trip but I would recommend adequate health in walking a few miles at a time, even slow. I will be recommending this cruise to my friends and family!

I never ate so much in my life!

got more activity being in port than on ship

catered to an older crowd but great talent

Did not apply

I knew them all by name! And they knew me.

public rooms as nice as any ocean liner, if not nicer

designed well for optimum space

For unpredictable weather conditions, I would bring a waterproof raincoat or poncho. Umbrellas were difficult in the wind and cumbersome to hold on tours

cheese tasting, yummy!
What a beautiful city with charm
Don't miss the bike tour