AmaLyra Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Second Mate

This is one of the...

Sail Date: October 10, 2009

This is one of the finest river cruise experiences! This vessel carries a max of 150 passengers and the staterooms are roomier than I expected , the french balcony allows you to lay in bed and watch the castles go by as you sail down theDanube River. The dining and lounge area is exquisit but not stuffy. They have specialty coffees, teas and sweets throughout the day in the front lounge. There is a rear lounge on the cello deck that offers good internet connections except while you are traveling through the locks on the Danube. This 7 day cruise began in Budapest and ended in Vilshofen but you could continue on a land tour to include Prague for 4 extra days. I highly recommend to land portion. I plan to return in a year with a group but I believe we might be doing St.Petersburg, Russia ,and the Baltics.

Recommends AmaLyra? Yes!

Great Views
Immersion with Culture
Not like a big cruise ship but nice local musicians
I would not bring small children.
Impecciable
No fitness room but has walking track on upper deck and plenty of walking tours.
Dock convenient to city and tours