AmaDolce Cruise Review to Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

CRUISE FROM AMSTERDAM TO PARIS

Sail Date: August 08, 2014

Cabin: 223

THIS WAS AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE FOR ME, A SINGLE TRAVELER.  I chose to have AMA handle everything and I am Not sorry. IT was easy to find AMA at the Amsterdam Airport because the directions were clear and the greeters waiting.  From then until the end of the trip in Paris, all things were well planned and directions easy to follow.  I was especially grateful that the guides spoke excellent English, and were easy to understand.  I think this was due to the knowledge and planning of the Cruise Manager, Dejan.  We had handsets, and he came to each tour group to be sure everyone's headset worked every day.  He also was usually along with one of the groups or he floated among the groups. We were treated like family.  My French balcony cabin (single) was perfect for me because I could open the doors and enjoy the scenery and the fresh air of the countryside.  The ducks also came right up to the doors.  Since I do a lot of photos, I was grateful for the doors opening.  I ask went to the top deck to enjoy scenery on both sides of the ship.  There were 144 people on board.  We all ate at the same time, but things were so well organized that this didn't create a problem.  There were many choices including gluten free and vegetarian.  Wine and Beer were included with lunch and dinner.  If a person wanted to "party hardy" later or enjoy mixed drinks, those were charged individually, but not really more expensive than drinks at my local bar.  AMA provided some postcards for travelers to send home; all you had to do was address the card and take it to the reception desk.  This was my first cruise on AMA, and I have already booked two more. The size of the ship and the number of travelers was perfect for me.  I also felt that the company wanted since travelers to enjoy every moment.  I know some people wanted more evening entertainment because there wasn't a lot.  We had dancing three of the nights and there was a piano player every night.  Th entertainment that was included was Excellent! We had tours and things to do every day, so evening entertainment was the least of my concerns.  WiFi could be spotty, but that is to be expected if one is traveling near small towns and between mountains.  I experienced the same WiFi issue on a LARGE ship in the Mediterranean last year.  WiFi was FREE!!!  It was also free in our very nice hotel in Paris....Just a great experience for me, and I'm looking forward to two more booked cruises with AMA...My cruise was from Amsterdam to Luxembourg, then bus and fast train to Paris for three days.  AMA arranged it all!!!  Even my escort to the Paris airport at 5 AM......

Cruise Photos

Dejan our cruise manager and Nicoleta my housekeeper were exceptional. Also Rita at the reception desk.
We didn't have a lot of entertainment, a disappointment to some who wanted to dance and party every night, but what we had on three nights was superb!!!
Children's Programs NONE
Most of the activities were NOT on board, which was the purpose of the cruise....to tour the towns.

Deck 2 with French balconies was excellent!