Norwegian Ship to Receive 14 New Venues in $100 Million Renovation
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced new details on Norwegian Spirit’s upcoming renovation, which is part of the line’s Norwegian Edge revitalization program. The vessel will enter dry dock in Marseille, France on January 2, 2020 for the 40-day, $100 million project. Once Spirit emerges, she will boast 14 new venues, an expanded spa, additional cabins, and brand-new hull art.
Some of the renovations and additions include:
- Another main dining room, called Taste
- The Local Bar and Grill, a 24-hour eatery
- Garden Cafe, an all-day buffet
- The Great Outdoors Bar
- Waves Pool Bar
- Bliss Ultra Lounge
- Spinnaker Lounge, featuring the Humidor Cigar Lounge
- The kids’ water park will be replaced with the adults-only retreat Spice H2O featuring two new hot tubs and a bar
- Mandara Spa will double in size and include a relaxation area with heated loungers, a new Jacuzzi room, a sauna, steam room, and water therapy experience
- Pulse Fitness Center will be expanded
- Brand-new, contemporary hull art
Norwegian has also announced that upscale Italian venue Onda by Scarpetta will be added to Norwegian Spirit, which is just about to have its debut at sea aboard the brand-new Norwegian Encore. The landside Scarpetta restaurants are critically acclaimed with locations in New York City, the Hamptons, Miami, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Newport, and London. The name Scarpetta comes from the Italian expression “fare la Scarpetta,” which means to savor a meal to the last bite. Onda, or “wave” in Italian, was added to the name of the ship-based Scarpetta restaurants with the same spirit in mind.
“As we continue to introduce new innovative ships to our fleet, with Norwegian Encore making her debut next month, we are committed to ensuring that the experiences our guests have come to enjoy are available on even our most storied ships,” said Andy Stuart, president and chief executive officer Norwegian Cruise Line. “We are excited to reinvigorate Norwegian Spirit so that she continues to provide lasting memories for guests as they sail to some of the most exotic destinations around the world.”
With extended itineraries of 8 to 24 days calling to some of the best destinations in Asia, Africa, and Europe, Norwegian Spirit will emerge from Marseille with more modern and sophisticated venues, cabins, and overall atmosphere.
Join The Discussion
Do you think that this renovation will make you more likely to consider sailing Norwegian Spirit?