Holland America Line Announces 2021 Return to Cruising
(Latest Update: June 21, 2021) Holland America Line announced its plans for a 2021 return to cruising following a year-long suspension of operations. Beginning this August the line will offer 7-night Greek Isles cruises on the Eurodam sailing roundtrip from Athens (Piraeus). Starting this September, Holland America will resume operations from the U.S. sailing ships out of San Diego and Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico.
Seven-night Greek Isles cruises on the Eurodam will mark the line's official return to sailing. These itineraries will be offered August 15, 2021 - September 5, 2021.
"Everyone at Holland America Line has been preparing for our return to service, and we are grateful to the government of Greece for allowing us to show that we can safely operate our cruises," said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line, in an official announcement. "The beautiful islands of Greece have been a highlight of our Mediterranean itineraries for decades, and we are honored to be able to restart out of Athens and give our guests a memorable vacation after all this time without cruise travel.
On June 21, Holland America Line announced its return to cruising from the U.S. The line will sail six ships from San Diego and Fort Lauderdale. These newly announced voyages include:
- Zuiderdam sailing roundtrip San Diego to Hawaii, Mexico and the California Coast beginning September 18.
- Koningsdam sailing roundtrip San Diego to Hawaii, Mexico and the California Coast beginning October 10.
- Nieuw Amsterdam sailing roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale Caribbean sailings beginning October 23.
- Rotterdam sailing roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale Caribbean sailings beginning November 3.
- Eurodam sailing roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale Caribbean sailings beginning November 14.
- Nieuw Statendam sailing roundtrip Fr. Lauderdale Caribbean sailings beginning November 21.
In addition to the previously released health and safety protocols, Holland America Line will require all guests sailing with the line to have received the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to boarding. Bookings for these cruises are now open.