Dining Details Revealed for Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Cruises has announced details on the dining experience aboard their brand-new upcoming ship, Celebrity Edge.
The vessel will have a whopping 29 palate-pleasing venues, including eleven bars and lounges. There will be four main dining rooms, five complimentary restaurants, and seven new specialty restaurants.
Celebrity has redesigned their main dining experience for Celebrity Edge. There will be four restaurants, each with a distinctive design inspired by a different region of the world. Menus in each will feature signature dishes that Celebrity guests will be familiar with, as well as selections that reflect the regional inspiration of the venue.
Tuscan Restaurant is a nod to Celebrity’s popular Tuscan Grille, and will offer Italian-inspired dishes, including freshly made pastas. Normandie Restaurant is a close cousin of the line’s French restaurant Murano, and will feature French fare. In the Patricia Urquiola-designed Cyprus Restaurant, guests will enjoy Mediterranean cuisine in an atmosphere that is reflective of the Mediterranean and Celebrity’s Greek heritage. And in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant, Americans will feel at home enjoying cuisine from their region. Together, the main dining menus will provide Celebrity’s largest range of dishes ever, plus regionally inspired wines and cocktails that won’t be found anywhere else onboard.
Two Ways To Do Dinner
As is the norm now for major cruise lines, both traditional and “anytime” dining will be offered aboard Celebrity Edge. With traditional, guests choose early or late seating, and sit at the same table with the same serving staff each night. They will be assigned to one of the four main restaurants, but will still have the ability to experience the others upon request.
Celebrity has renamed their Celebrity Select Dining program to Celebrity Select Dining Plus, which is where guests can eat dinner whenever and wherever they’d like. Reservations will be available in any of the four main dining restaurants.
More Complimentary Cuisine
Celebrity Edge will offer five diverse dining options that are included in the price of the cruise. These include the iconic Oceanview Café and Mast Grill, as well as three new venues: Grand Plaza Café, The Spa Café and Juice Bar, and Eden Café.
Celebrity Cruises is upping the game with seven brand-new specialty restaurants across the ship: six are available to all passengers, while one is for those staying in a suite.
- Final Cut Steakhouse will offer an upscale experience for dinner, with elevated service and premium cuts cooked to guests’ preferences.
- Rooftop Garden Grill serves up delicious, mouthwatering backyard BBQ.
- Eden Restaurant features a lively, open-air kitchen and menus that deliver sensory and experiential offerings, served by performers known as “Edenists.”
- Raw on 5 offers a tempting blend of St. Tropez and New England seafood, and when visited by the Magic Carpet platform, becomes a unique al fresco dining adventure with the best views at sea.
- Dinner on the Edge is the exhilarating specialty dining experience on the Magic Carpet, when it is positioned at the very top level.
- At breakfast and lunch, Le Grand Bistro is reminiscent of a boulangerie-patisserie with handmade macaroons, artisanal cheese, and freshly baked bread. At night the lights are dimmed, and the tabletop comes to life in partnership with TableMation Studios, featuring Skullmapping’s world famous Le Petite Chef - an animated 3D character who appears on guest’s plates and prepares each course they’ll be enjoying right in front of their eyes. This fusion of entertainment and dining is the first of its kind at sea, as no other line has partnered with TableMation Studios and Skullmapping.
The Suite Life
Those staying in a Suite Class stateroom have access to their own private restaurant on the ship. Luminae at The Retreat is an evolution of the highest-rated venue in the Celebrity fleet, designed by acclaimed interior designer Kelly Hoppen. AquaClass guests will continue to enjoy the crisp, fresh flavors of award-winning Blu, a spa-inspired restaurant.
Drinking Around The World
The 11 unique bars and lounges onboard Celebrity Edge will give guests plenty of opportunities to find a favorite spot and pull up a chair.
The ship will include an expanded version of Celebrity’s wine list, going from roughly 350 choices to 500 in total. The popular Martini Bar and previously announced Eden Bar can be found onboard, as well as The Theater Bar, The Casino Bar, The Club, and Cafe Al Bacio with specialty coffees and complimentary pastries. Also included are The Pool Bar and Edge Cabanas, Sunset Bar, and II Secondo Bacio. Suite guests have their own bars too: The Retreat Lounge and The Retreat Pool Bar.
Homeporting in Fort Lauderdale, Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing seven-night cruises in the eastern and western Caribbean, beginning on November 21, 2018. In 2019, she will head to the Mediterranean for a range of 7 to 11-night sailings from cities like Barcelona and Rome. Edge will be joined by three sister ships in 2020, 2021, and 2022.