Windstar Cruises Review
Couples and families with older teens who like to have the feel of sailing mixed with an upscale cruise experience.
Children, as well as anyone who needs a lot of organized activities: Socializing with shipmates and gazing at the scenery are the main pastimes when not in port.
- Renovations freshened the nautical look Windstar does so well.
- The ships' retractable marinas let passengers water ski, sail, kayak, and snorkel off the ships’ retractable marinas three to five times a week.
- Sail-away includes a sunset barbecue buffet on deck — a spectacular way to leave gorgeous ports like Dubrovnik and Santorini.
- The poolside Candles restaurant on Wind Star and Wind Spirit serves well-executed casual fare, including shish kebabs that rival those in most ports.
- Windstar's DVD collection offers 400 choices.
- All nonalcoholic drinks are included.
- The spa and gym are outstanding on Wind Surf, which also has an outdoor jogging track.
- Three ships from Seabourn will be added to Windstar's fleet by 2015, allowing the line to offer more exotic itineraries.
We Could Live Without
- These feel like fake sailing ships — the sails look majestic, but the engines propel the ships.
- The gyms and spas on Wind Star and Wind Spirit are tiny.
- The cruise line doesn’t offer Wi-Fi in cabins.
Join The Discussion
What has your experience been like on Windstar Cruises?