Lindblad Expeditions Review
Adventurers who seek unusual itineraries, those who enjoy active shore excursions and have an interest in the environment, photography buffs and, on the wildlife cruises — especially Galapagos and Baja, California — families traveling with children.
Late-night party animals or mainstream cruisers looking for dining options, water parks, show lounge entertainment, gambling, or shopping.
- The expedition team is tops, and many staff members have been with the line for years.
- The team organizes evening gatherings to recap the day and discuss plans for the next day.
- Evening recaps also include watching videos created while ashore or — cooler still — under the sea by semi-submersible, underwater cameras and hydrophones.
- Shore excursions in Zodiac inflatable motorboats get you close to sea life and the animals that gather at the water's edge.
- Many itineraries involve close encounters with wildlife on land and provide the thrill of walking among the animals — especially in the Galapagos Islands.
- Wildlife photography classes, run by National Geographic photographers, are offered on select itineraries.
- In warm seas, you can kayak and snorkel off the side of the ship.
We Could Live Without
- Cabins are sometimes small, especially aboard the National Geographic Sea Lion and National Geographic Sea Bird.
- Occasionally, rough water conditions can feel intense aboard these small ships.