Recipe: Virgin Voyages Pink Agave Guacamole & MSC Cruises Disarita
¡Ándale, es tiempo de celebrar! We can’t think of a better way to celebrate National Margarita Day (February 22) and National Tortilla Chip Day (February 24) than with, well, margaritas and the most classic of tortilla dips - guacamole. Dig into Virgin Voyage’s unique twist on a classic with their Pink Agave Guacamole. The pops of pomegranate seeds are sure to delight any palette. The freshness of this guacamole perfectly compliments the nuttiness found in MSC Cruises’ Disarita, which features an amaretto-flavored twist on the traditional margarita. These two easy recipes are sure to spice up your week.
Pink Agave Guacamole - Virgin Voyages
- 1 Hass Avocado
- 1 tbsp Onion, red, medium dice
- 1 tbsp Tomato, chef’s choice, small dice
- ¼ tsp Jalapeño, small dice
- 1 Lime, not key lime
- 1 pinch Salt, sea or kosher
- ½ tbsp Cilantro, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds, cleaned
- Tortilla Chips
- Place avocado on the table and slice around the length. Caution - do not use the palm of your hand.
- Remove avocado pit seed with a knife.
- Using a round-edged knife (steak knife is best), cube avocado while inside the shell.
- Using a tablespoon, remove into a bowl. (medium dice)
- Top the cubed avocado with onion, tomato, jalapeño - add lime and salt and slightly and carefully fold. Add cilantro and fold again. The goal is to keep the avocado as cubed as possible.
- Taste for flavor and seasoning.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and serve with warm tortilla chips.
Disarita - MSC Cruises
- 2 oz. Disaronno Originale
- 1 oz. tequila of choice
- 2 oz. lemon margarita mix
- 1 lime wheel
- Salt rim of a margarita glass and set aside.
- Fill separate mixing glass with ice.
- Add Disaronno, tequila and lemon margarita mix to the mixing glass.
- Shake the contents.
- Strain into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
Join the discussion
What's your favorite cruise line margarita?