Recipe: Viking’s Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp & Windstar Cruises’ Aperol Spritz
We’re pasta-tively thrilled that National Noodle Day is October 6! In this week’s Tasty Tuesday, we shared two excellent cruise line recipes that will have you saying, ‘Holy macaroni’! First up is Viking River Cruises’ Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp. This flavorful dish packs a kick, pairing noodle pancakes and spicy shrimp. Quench your thirst with a refreshing gin-based Aperol Spritz recipe from Windstar Cruises. Pasta la vista, baby!
Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp - Viking River Cruises
- ½ C ketchup
- ½ C water
- 2 T sweet chili sauce
- 1½ T curry powder
- 16 oz (454 g) fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 T (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 T peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 T lemongrass, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb med raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 T sesame oil
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add noodles to a large pot of boiling water; cook for 1 minute; drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with sesame oil; set aside.
- Heat a wide nonstick frying pan over medium and add 1 T of vegetable oil, swirling pan to coat. Spread half of noodles evenly in pan and cook about 5 minutes. Turn; cook another 5 minutes until golden brown. Shake pan a few times to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200°F oven. Repeat with remaining noodles and oil.
- Heat a large wok or wide frying pan over high heat; add oil, swirling to coat.
- Add lemongrass, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds. Add bell peppers and green onions; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until they begin to curl and turn opaque.
- Add sauce; cook until it boils and thickens slightly. Add sesame oil and toss to combine.
- Serve over noodle pancakes.
Aperol Spritz - Windstar Cruises
- 2 Orange Slices
- 1 oz Bombay Gin
- 2 oz Aperol
- 3 oz Orange Juice
- Topped up with sparkling wine
- Muddle 2 slices of orange in a cocktail mixing glass.
- Fill with ice. Add Gin, Aperol, and Orange Juice.
- Pour into a red wine glass and top up with sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of orange.