Recipe: Princess Cruises’ Linguine Al Pesto Alla Moda Ligure & Viking River Cruises’ Sangria
Tempt your tastebuds today on National Linguine Day with Princess Cruises’ Linguine Al Pesto Alla Moda Ligure, which is a popular menu item on the line’s Panama Canal routes. This light pasta dish made with pesto and fresh vegetables can be served as a main course or as a side dish, depending on how hungry you are. We think it pairs well with a juicy steak! Looking to quench your thirst? We recommend pairing it with Viking River Cruises’ Sangria made with fresh fruit. Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Linguine Al Pesto Alla Moda Ligure – Princess Cruises
- Fresh Basil gives the dish a beautiful green color.
- 1 lb. red bliss potatoes
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
- 1.5 lbs. dried linguine
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- In a blender, puree the basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix the blended paste with the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in 2 quarts of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Remove the potatoes when they are tender, but not falling apart.
- Slice the potatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Blanche the green beans in 2 quarts of salted boiling water for approximately 6 minutes, until the beans are slightly tender, but still have a crisp to them.
- Chill the beans in ice water until they are ready to be served.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil, then put the linguine in the boiling water for roughly 8 minutes for an al dente pasta.
- When the pasta is done, transfer all ingredients (pesto, potatoes, green beans and pasta) into a saute pan and stir the mixture together.
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees, and when heated place the pine nuts inside to brown up for a few minutes.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and fresh basil.
Sangria – Viking River Cruises
- 1 lg orange, peeled, segmented and cut in half
- 1 C (151 g) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 C (155 g) seedless green grapes, cut in half
- 1 (750 ml) bottle rosé wine
- ⅓ C (89 ml) Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- Juice of 1 lemon
Join the discussion
What's your favorite cruise line pasta dish?