Recipe: Norwegian Crusie Line’s Dutch Apple Pancakes and Seabourn’s Planter's Punch
October is National Apple Month! We’re apple-solutely drooling over this week’s featured Tasty Tuesday recipes that are a sweet way to celebrate the occasion. First up is Norwegian Cruise Line’s Dutch Apple Pancakes which are topped with maple-flavored honey. Paired with Seabourn’s Caribbean Planter’s Punch, you’ve got the perfect brunch meal!
Dutch Apple Pancakes with Maple Flavored Honey - Norwegian Cruise Line
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- 2 medium apples, peeled, halved and cored; plus 2 more for garnish
- Combine maple syrup and honey in a small serving pitcher.
- Gently stir until mixed.
- Sift flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Put eggs into a medium mixing bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add milk to eggs and beat well.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Using the large holes on a box grater, grate 2 apples into the batter, and stir just to combine.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat and swirl in some butter. When the butter is hot but not yet brown, make 2 –3 pancakes at a time by ladling ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on tops of pancakes and bottoms turn golden, 2 – to 3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and continue cooking until bottoms are golden and centers are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Repeat process, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
- Serve pancakes drizzled with maple honey.
- Garnish – Peel, core and slice the remaining 2 apples into wedges, and sauté in butter with a little sugar until lightly browned. Serve alongside the pancakes.
Caribbean Planter’s Punch - Seabourn
- 2 oz. Myers's dark rum
- 3 oz. pineapple juice
- 3 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker over large ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously and double strain into glass filled with large ice cubes.
- Garnish and serve.