Recipe: Norwegian Cruise Line’s Sinful Chocolate Obsession & Princess Cruises’ Dirty Banana Drink
Calling all chocoholics! It’s good to be bad on October 28th, on National Chocolate Day when you pair Norwegian Cruise Line’s Sinful Chocolate Obsession with Princess Cruises’ Dirty Banana Drink. You can’t have chocolate cake without a glass of milk or cup of coffee, so why not combine the two and have a boozy milkshake that will bring all the boys to the yard? And yes, we know we are recommending double-chocolate. But, can you really have too much chocolate?
Sinful Chocolate Obsession – Norwegian Cruise Line
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate
- 4 1/2 oz butter
- 12 egg yolks
- 4 oz sugar separated
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp rum
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 2 oz almonds toasted
- 2 oz pistachios chopped
- 2 lbs dark chocolate couvertures finely chopped, or best-quality dark chocolate
- 32 oz heavy cream
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Whip yolks and 2 oz sugar together. Combine into chocolate butter mix.
- Whip whites together with 2 oz sugar and rum to volume. Combine into chocolate butter yolk mix.
- Whip the heavy cream and fold into mixture; fold in nuts.
- Pipe or spoon into individual cake dishes or ramekins, and top with a cardboard disk to act as base once flipped out. Freeze. (This recipe makes enough batter for 10 individual cakes.)
- Make ganache: Bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate; allow one minute before stirring to blend. Strain and cool.
- Remove cakes from ramekins and plate with desired garnishes; Norwegian's chefs use raspberry sauce, vanilla sauce, mint sprigs, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Top cake with ganache.
Dirty Banana Drink – Princess Cruises
- Gosling’s Dark Rum
- Patron XO Cafe Liqueur
- Heavy Cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Fresh banana
- Combine ice, dark rum, Kahlua, cafe liqueur, heavy cream, chocolate syrup, and banana in a blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy. Pour into 2 small glasses or 1 large glass.
- Top with whipped cream before serving. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder, if desired.
- Note: To make a Not-So-Dirty Banana drink, skip the alcohol and add either ¼ cup of milk or ¼ cup of cold coffee.
Join the discussion
What's your favorite chocolate-based cruise food?