Recipe: Holland America Line’s Swiss Style Muesli and Viking River’s Café Maria Theresa
Did you know that September is Better Breakfast Month? Well, we certainly didn’t want to miss Holland America Line’s Swiss Style Muesli which is both delicious and healthy. The ingredient list which includes hazelnuts, honey, raisins, berries, and apples, quickly makes you forget that this decadent breakfast is sure to start your day right. The best part though is that you prep it ahead of time so making a better breakfast choice doesn’t have to eat up your morning. With all that extra time you can make yourself a cup of Viking River’s Café Maria Theresa to add a little bit of decadence to your better breakfast. This flavorful coffee features orange liqueur and freshly brewed coffee, certain to put a pep in your step.
Swiss Style Muesli - Holland America Line
- 1.5 cup Milk
- 1.5 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Honey
- 1.5 cup Apples
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1.5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Fresh berries for garnish
- Pre-soak the raisins so they are soft. To pre-soak, put your raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes, and then strain the fruit and discard the water.
- Peel and grate the apple on a mandolin. Chop the hazelnuts. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and cover. Soak the mixture overnight in the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh berries.
Café Maria Theresa - Viking River Cruises
- 1 tsp (4 g) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 6 oz (177 ml) freshly brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) whipped cream
- ½ tsp (1.5 g) orange zest
- 1 tsp (2 g) chocolate shavings
- Combine liqueur and sugar in a pre-heated serving cup.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and add coffee.
- Top with whipped cream, and add garnish.