Allure of the Seas Diamond and Concierge Lounge
From the Shipmate Archives. Originally Published July 1, 2011.
Allure of the Seas Concierge Lounge & Diamond Lounge
I had to book 47 cruises and spend all of my life savings to achieve the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line required status level to breach these doors… the coveted Allure of the Seas Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge. I did this for you, my Ship Mates. I did this to bring you a quick glimpse behind the velvet ropes. OK, I lied. We were fortunate enough to have the pictures provided by one of our Ship Mate users. My life savings remain safely invested in WNBA merchandise.
The Allure of the Seas and her sister ship, the Oasis of the Seas, are two beautiful floating behemoths. If the Mayans are correct and the world explodes and the tides rise, covering every piece of land, this is where you’ll want to be. I imagine the world’s kings, presidents, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, etc. already have dibs on the Apocalyptic itinerary. If that happened, I wonder who would then be admitted into the Allure of the Seas Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge. I bet Ryan Seacrest would make the cut. That guy knows what he’s doing.
These are the items that I expect you’ll find in the Allure of the Seas Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge:
- Muster station get-out-of-jail-free cards
- Towel animal petting zoos
- Internet faster than seen in the ’80s
- Dramamine lollipops
- A DJ that refuses to play the “Macarena”
These are all items we’d expect. Anything less would be simply unacceptable. In all seriousness, though, here are the benefits according to Royal Caribbean.
- Personalized stationery is available.
- A Continental breakfast is served in the Lounge daily from 8am until 10am.
- Hors d’oeuvres and petit fours are served in the Lounge.
- An honor bar (self-service bar with no fee) is available for your convenience.
- Make reservations for Specialty Dining, Explorations Shore Excursions.
- Easy appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments.
- Included is assistance with Show Ticketing.
- Movies and CDs are available to borrow during the concierge hours.
- Daily menus are displayed and you can pre-order dinner wine
- Business services and assistance with faxing or copying is available without a fee.
- Assistance with the arrangement of private parties is offered.
If you’ve been in the Allure of the Seas Concierge Lounge or Diamond Lounge, please leave your thoughts below in the comment box.