August 2016 - Explorer of the Seas to Alaska - Inside Passage
Besides the dreaded, but expected, lines boarding and disembarking, the overall cruise experience was mildly disappointing:
* Positive - The stateroom was clean and our attendant (Fitzpatrick) was outstanding. He should be commended.
* Positive - Assigned dinner seating / didn't have to wait on table.
* Disappointing - The hordes of people / long waits for elevators / limited seating in Windjammer for the large number of people / seating difficult to find for some shows and events; for most events one had to arrive very early and wait until a previous event ended.
* Disappointing - Service in dining room was adequate but slow; it seemed as though the waiters were understaffed and handling too many tables. On their behalf, they were working very hard trying to please everyone. Breakfast orders of fried eggs in dining room were less than desirable / Food in CHOPS was good, but service very slow. Our meal for our party of six took three hours from the time we sat down.
* Disappointing - Food was adequate but certainly not exceptional. It was difficult to get a decent amount of salt & pepper out of the shakers in dining room. This was a daily nuisance.
* Favorable - The stops at Juneau and Skagway were enjoyable / The casino was fun.
* Unfavorable - Of our party of eight, four caught colds on our vacation.