Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

HAL Zuiderdam Panama Canal Sunfarer

Sail Date: November 30, 2015

What a wonderful experience.  The experience started with BJ's Travel Representative Katia Speller who took care of everything and checked in routinely to ensure that I had everything I needed.  She even called upon my return to ensure the whole trip went well.  That's Service.

Now on Holland American's Zuiderdam no one could ask for better service.  From the greeting upon embarkation to every crew member you saw smiling and saying good morning or good afternoon.

Our cabin stewards Wibi and Made were terrific and I don't know when they slept as they were always there in the hallways and asked if there was anything else they could do to make us comfortable.

Our dining room experience (2nd seating, Table 43) was 5 star all the way.  Dede Mulyadi and Mohammad Sadar executed their duties as if we were the only table they were responsible for and that was not the case but the other dinners in their section felt the same way.  They made excellent suggestions and always provided a smile with the services.

We also had a dinner and a lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and that was another 5 star experience and the food was devine.

The only negative I have is that there are only two locations for smokers, Sea View Pool, Deck 9 and the Casino, when open.  There were two nights, both Tuesdays, where smoking was not allowed in the Casino at all.  I understand the rationale for this but the other 9 nights the non-smokers were out in full force in the smoking section and didn't appear to be bothered by the smoke at all.

Even though the guidelines stated not to book flights before 1:00 pm, you can clearly book as early as 11:30. I changed my ticket the day before disembarkation and it cost me an additional $167. to arrive home before 6:00 pm instead of 11:00 pm. Suggest this recommendation be reconsidered.

1 Comment