I rate HAL service with 4 stars

Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

20 Night Panama Canal Eastbound (Vancouver To Ft. Lauderdale)
Sail Date: September 27, 2014
Ship: Zuiderdam

I am a repeat passenger of HAL and any to its ship contains excellent service. I only had one experience with a bad cruise ship - Zaandam. That ship had a lot of attitude and arrogance.

That ship is an embarrassment to HAL.

Any other ship is excellent. The latest cruise I did was with Zuiderdam.

The Filipino and Indonesian crew members are models of service excellence. Such service and customer relations are hard to find in hotels, restaurants, retail stores and airlines anywhere else in the world. HAL does not make up excuses like those I  often hear from the retail staff at WalMart. At HAL, you're treated like a royalty that anything you need is like coming from a magic wand. As long as HAL has the destination I want, I'll keep on cruising with this company. Also a good thing common in HAL ships : seldom you'd meet a rowdy crowd.

I give Zaandam a red. All the rest should be given a blue.

The cabins are very, very clean..Nothing else but clean.

It's a big ship at first. But as days progress, walking distance around the ship becomes manageable.

Not many shore excursions here. Just walk around the docks. Take a picture of the ducks. Walk, walk then go back to the ship and eat.
This is an excellent place with lots of history.
If you're not in for extreme heat, stay on board. Too hot and too dry. Children beware; old folks with breathing difficulties, beware.
Bad disembarkation. Too crowded and only 4 customs windows were open.