Zenith (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not bad. Not good. Just

Sail Date: April 08, 2006

Having cruised on Carnival and NCL in the past, I was anxious to see how Celebrity stacked up. I had heard from a number of people that I would see vast improvement in the ship, the food and the quality of service on Celebrity. If only that were the case!

I think the rating of "average" sums it up. The ship was okay. The service was fine. The staff was acceptable. The food was good. But, the entire experience lacked any "WOW" factor.

It's possible that Celebrity was a victim of hype and I will be the first to admit that I am a picky traveller. Just meeting expectations won't wow me. I expect an unexpected surprise here and there to really make an impression. The Zenith didn't make that impression and this vacation will go down as a good one. But not a great one.

Pros: Our head waiter was incredible!

Cons: Inattentive (almost non-existant) cabin staff.

Key West, Florida
Better without children than with them! This is an adult stop!
Don't Miss: Duvall Street. All of it!
Key West, Florida
Better without children than with them! This is an adult stop!
Don't Miss: Duvall Street. All of it!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Cayman is wonderful! We took the 6 hour Rays, Reef and Rum Point excusion. The guides were great! While snorkeling, our guide went down to the reef and got a nurse shark to come out! How fun for the kids to be able to say "I swam with a shark!" The only down side to this excusion is that it doesn't leave much time for shopping in Cayman.
Don't Miss: Swimming with the Sting Rays