Zenith (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The Cruise!

Sail Date: March 12, 2007

Not knowing the age group of the people on board is very bad, we sailed 11 days with a group that were old enough to be my grand parents and I'm in my forties. The ship was in need of updating severly, we found out is was being transfered to the Royal Carib. line within a month to be dry docked and renovated! It needs it badly! The beds were like bricks! The ship did not stay long enough in several ports. All the cruise wants is your money, not for you to have a good time. The cruise line charges to much money for item on board like head ache medicine, sun lotion, sun glasses and drinks just to name a few. There is also not enough seating on the ship around the pools.

Pros: nothing

Cons: Very expensive, not alot of fun! No one my age on ship!

Recommends Zenith (RETIRED)? No.

The main seating dinning you had to dress up for, ie slack and a dress shirt for men, and a nice sporty outfit for woman. This is a vaction! I was not going to dress up to get food! all the better food was served in the formal dinning. As for the rest of the food, we had the same breakfast everyday (buffet) lunches were sandwiches and soups, dinner was your choice of causual dinning wich had 3 rotating menu's and we also could get sushi the whole time in the alternative dinning! there was also pizza and pasta available, and unit 7pm you could get hotdogs and hamburgers.
The ship was too small, it was old and needed to be updated and to have the rust removed from it.
Size of room was fine on the boat. But the bed was hard as a brick! The cabinets and drawers were falling apart. Sheets and bedding were very old. The sheets had mold stains on them and the bed spread was very old and fadded and rough.
Staff was friendly, however some just did not speak enough english to communicate. when asked questions they could not understand the question to give a proper answer.
The entertainment onboard was catered towards the age group. Which on my ship was way older than myself, I think this could of been much better.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St. Maarten was also very beautiful. very sunny and warm. Port time at this stop was ok.
Don't Miss: Scuba diving
was a nice place, not enough time at this port.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
we arrived late in the afternoon at this port, we went to our excursion, by the time we were done all the shops had closed, and there really was nothing for us to do in this port and yet we had to stay until 11pm to go to our next port.
Don't Miss: Casa Bacardi
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Tortola was a very beautiful island. Port time at this stop was ok.
Don't Miss: Dolfin adventure and snorkling!
Key West, Florida
A very beautiful place, but we did not have enough time at this port. We were told by one of the ships crew the the ship has the passangers come on board early so the came make the last nights money! with their sail away last night party! bunch of crap, I paid alot of money just to be on board, I wanted to see more of the town and shop and play, but that did not happen at this port.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas was wonderful. A great place to shop, for jewelry. Port time at this stop was ok.
Don't Miss: The shopping