Zenith (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Terrible Ship

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

The Zenith should be retired. We were in concierge class on this ship. Our previous experiences cruising have been in suites with balconies. This ship does not have balconies. The small size allows the ship to dock right in Hamilton. When I booked this cruise I had not been to Bermuda in 30 years. I thought that the lack of a balcony, ship amenities, and small staterooms would be compensated for by the charm of Hamilton. The city is still great but has gotten very busy. Bermuda now has an excellent bus and ferry system, which allows for ships of larger size to pull into various locations. We actually went to Hamilton for the day when we were docked in St. George. I would go back to Bermuda in a second. I would have to think long and hard about Celebrity and never again on the Zenith. I think it is on its last leg.

Pros: Bermuda

Cons: Zenith

Nothing too special. Some nights were good and others were average. No real standouts. Dress rules were not enforced so I'm not sure what they really meant on the ship. On formal nights people were dining at the table next to us in the main dining room in golf shirts. What are the rules on this cruise line?
No real standouts in the entertainment. It wasn't bad for ship fare. We did not sign up for the excursions but those who did in our group thought they were quite good.
Filthy public bathrooms, furniture so old, dirty and uncomfortable it was not to be believed. Lounge furniture was so uncomfortable you were given back pillows when you sat down!!!!!
Shabby rooms with cigarette holes burnt in the bedspread. Can't imagine how long they have been there. Towels in the room used to be green but were so stained from bleach they were green and white and shades of yellow. This was not just one towel either. It was all of the towels -- every day.
Must have been burnt out as well. Many times we had to get up and serve ourselves in the bar. Many were rude and just plain surly. The only person who went above and beyond was the assistant cabin attendant who answered every single call we made with a smile. We never saw the named cabin attendant except on the next to the last day when it was time to collect the tips.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Hamilton is still quite lovely. Bus and Ferry system is quite good. Beaches are great.
Don't Miss: Elbow beach (Paget) and Horseshoe Bay
St. George's, Bermuda
Quaint and lovely.
Don't Miss: The White Horse!