Zenith (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

A relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

My family and I enjoyed our cruise immensly. This was the perfect trip for our 2 sons who experienced their first cruise. There was plenty for our teenage son's to do while sailing. Sailing to Bermuda is perfect - 1.5 days on the sea, 4 days in Port. If you are prone to sea sickness, this is the way to go. Once I was able to find a lounge chair by the pool, I was happy. Not enough chairs when the ship is at sail. People tend to wake up early, put towels down on the lounge chairs and never show up. You stand around until you get tired of waiting and tend to lose your cool. Once you decide to plop yourself down on someones reserved chair, you are happy. Funny thing is that no one ever comes up to you to say you took their chair. I guess they know they left their chair unattended for 4-5 hours while sleeping and eating and when they finally get around to coming poolside, they realize that they better not say anything. Plenty of chairs when you are in Port as many guests are off the ship touring the beaches and wonderful sights. Buffets were plentyful. Not the greatest but the kids loved the variety. Dinners were terrific, served with pride and elegance. Waiters and assistant waiters took care of your every need. Seconds were great, especially on second formal evening when the offering was huge lobster tail. If you wanted surf and turf, all you had to do was ask for it. Entertainment was ok, clearly not pros, but entertaining. The Cruise folks take you over the coals with the bar tabs. Be careful to note that 15% gratuity is automatically added to your bar tabs. I was fooled initially when I paid the $40.00 unlimited soda pass for my son. Didn't realize they added the gratuity and I added a tip on top of the 15%. Oh well, after the $2400 onboard cruise bill - drinks, wine for dinner, arcade for the kids, the $1300 for taxies in Hamilton and St. George's, beach chairs/umbrellas, boogie boards, etc. what was the extra $6.00 tip on top of the already 15% auto tip for the soda card? Pretty expensive trip for a family of 4 for one week ($9480, cruise for 4 plus extras)- but, yes the trip was relaxing. Great staff. Always looking to help you.

Pros: Enjoyed our nightly dining experience

Cons: Not enough lounge chairs when ship is sailing. Plenty available when in Port

Must say the dinners were excellent.
Although the stateroom was acceptable, the plumbing was lousy the first day of the cruise. The entire 9th floor was unable to flush their toilets. The smell wasn't pretty as you walked through the hallways.
Although their is constant entertainment, you are not dealing with pros. At least the kids are kept busy.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Elbow Beach is a must. Clean, beautiful blue ocean. Horseshoe beach is nice. Lousy that there was a bus strike the first day we arrived. We missed swimming with the dolphins.
Don't Miss: Swimming with the Dolphins.
St. George's, Bermuda
St. Katherine's Beach - walking through the small town. Very friendly people.