Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Awesome experience

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

This ship was very elegant and well-kept. I was particularly impressed by the art. The crew was phenomenal - every crew member encountered\, from engineering to deck crew\, always greeted me with a smile and a cheerful greeting.

Pros: Staff\, entertainment\, ambience

Cons: Smoking in casino and on decks.

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!

The entertainment was excellent\, from the large stage shows to the amazing Tim Kelly at the piano bar. I didn't do many of the other activities - just liked to chill on deck and relax\, and I arranged my own shore excursions. The HAL's private island\, Half Moon Cay\, was simply stunning and the highlight of the cruise.
Simply outstanding. The captain's sense of humor was great\, and every staff member I met had a warm smile and friendly greeting.
Verandah cabin on the Navigation deck\, forward. Very comfortable. I loved taking morning coffee on the verandah and watching the ocean slip by\, or sitting out at night under the stars.
Overall\, this was anexcellent experience. The Vista dining room was first-rate\, particularly at dinner. The Lido buffet was always quite good. I had a very tough steak at the Pinnacle Grill and this was quite a disappointment considering the upcharge of $25 pp.
Perfect size\, well-maintained and tastefully decorated.