Westerdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A fun experience

Sail Date: September 01, 2011

My impression was that the ship seemed older and cramped. I imagined that there would be more open space. I think it was fine for a short cruise (1-3 days) but for an extended voyage it would get old fast. I did love our room, it was larger than I had expected and having a balcony was very nice.

Pros: The opportunity to 'try' cruising for one day. Enjoyed the live entertainment.

Cons: The crowds and the food was not up to my expectations.

Recommends Westerdam? No.

Small, cramped feeling inside. Seemed like an older ship.
Very nice! Our porter was wonderful and we really enjoyed the turndown service etc...
All the staff seemed very friendly and nice.
I had expected the food to be much higher quality and available all the time. The food was average, nothing special. The nice dinner in the restaurant was also just average, you could tell that they were cooking for mass and did not pay attention to details with the food.
Average selection, would liked to have had more live entertainment during the daytime hours.