Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Super Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

This was my fourth cruise on the Westerdam. I love this ship because it feels like home to me. My main reason for cruising on Holland America is the exceptionally high level of consistant service and outstanding food which far exceeds the other cruise lines (I've been on all of them). One feature I especially love is the 'silent departure', which means you do not gather in common areas at 8 am as other cruise lines require. The passenger is assigned a time to depart according to their flight time which eliminates all the endless waiting and passenger anger by being forced to wait and wait, possibly missing their flight. HAL does it right! No stress, you can wait in your cabin or anywhere until it is your scheduled time to leave at which point you just get off the ship. No lines, no waiting, no hassles.

Pros: Holland America service far exceeds any other cruise line I've been on in the past.

Cons: The decorating is a little dark and somewhat gloomy by comparison to other cruise lines.

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!