Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska 2008

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

For the past year I have read all the reviews and had very high expectations of the Westerdam. While she is a beautiful ship, I was disappointed that the atrium was very unimpressive. It had low ceilings. Overall, it is a very nice ship. The crows nest, exploration cafe and library were exceptionally nice areas. Our cruise started in Seattle where we spent one evening at the Sheraton, which was very nice and Seattle is a very interesting city. We enjoyed the ports, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria BC. Getting on and off the ship is a breeze. They really have it down. We had some rain in Juneau and misting in Sitka. Sitka is very beautiful with it's islands, very quaint and a very clean town. We went to the raptor center which was very interesting. We went on the Best of Juneau Highlights which was also interesting. I would encourage people to do as many excursions as you can. We only did two as my husband caught a cold and wasn't feeling well. We had a couple of days of rough seas but none of our group got sea sick. Glacier Bay was fantastic. We had good weather in Glacier Bay with the sun shining, so it was magnificent. I would recommend this cruise and would do it again with some different ports. Victoria BC is also a very interesting city. All the passengers that we talked with were all very friendly. The average age group was probably 50 and up.

Pros: Crew, cleaniness, food

Cons: entertainment

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!