Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Dutch Hospitality on Holland America

Sail Date: December 23, 2007

This was my thirtieth crusie and my first time on Holland America. Some friends were on another Holland America ship out of Miami the week before my cruise, and they reported that they were very disappointed with the service, accomadations and attitude of the staff. This did not help me with looking forward to a great crusie. I was very surprised that my experience on the Westerndam was the opposite of theirs. I enjoyed my crusie and would sail again on the Westerndam.

Pros: This was my first time on Holland America and The Westerndam was a great ship, accomadations great, food great, service great, staff attentive

Cons: The shore excrsions were not very creative, adn the ports are "tired".

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!

Shopping was expensive and there was nothing new
Shopping was expensive and there was nothing new
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Been there mant times and did not find that i offered anything new
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Been there many times and do not find that it offered anything new
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Been there many times and do not find that it offered anything new
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Been there mant times and did not find that i offered anything new
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)