I love Alaska

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 28, 2006
Ship: Westerdam
Cabin Type: Suite
Upon arrival to our ship, the Westerdam, I noticed the elegance of the ship. Small details, such as the store fronts with nick knacks, just made it look like a small shop in some little town. It was kind of homey and I like that. Our room was very nice with a big balconey. We were missing our TV remote which our room steward was able to replace that evening (with some reminding). Before our evening meal our table location had been changed two times. Not being thrilled with being bumped from our time and table location, we spoke to the staff and were able to get a great table and back to our original time. However, we still were not seated with any other guests, which I had requested when arragning the cruise. Oh well! One of the things I noticed about this cruise that was very different from other cruises...nobody tried to sell me anything. Not on the ship or at the ports of call. It was nice. It was up to me to make contact of I wanted something. How nice! As far as the places we went to, I really loved the inside passage cruising. The view was wonderful! I took so many pictures. We also went to Juneau where we did a helicoptor tour of the glaciers. Very nice. We also went a wildlife tour where we saw whales, otter, sea lions, seals and a bunch of eagles. It was also beautiful. Prince Rupert was nice, but small. And Victoria is a beautiful town where we took a bus tour. I would now like to do a carriage tour of that town! AS for the food on the ship, it was good, but honestly, I don't notice a big difference in it. Service was great, as expected. There was no big shows in the dining room. I'm ok with that. The shows on board I thought could have been better, but I didn't go there for them. I went for the scenery and got it. As for getting off the ship, it was the easiest ship I've ever gotten off of. This cruise and Disney have the best disembarkation from my experience.
Very pretty town if you like to see different styles of homes.
Very pretty town if you like to see different styles of homes.
Very nice people in town. Our bus driver into town saw us waiting for the bus to go back to the ship after she got off work. She offered us a ride back to the ship and gave us a short trip around town to show it off.

Pros: I loved the inside passage

Cons: I didn't like having our restaurant table changed twice before eating!