Being a first time cruiser

Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Ship: Westerdam
Being a first time cruiser, I didn't know what to expect. My husband and I went with my parents and their friends. They are expert cruisers. I thought the ship was great and so big. It did take some getting use to the rocking of the ship, but after 2 days I was use to it. We had a balcony room, and it was fantastic. We saw the inside rooms and if you can afford the extra money for the balcony room, I recommend it. The only complaint I had was that about 75% of the guests were 65 and older. I talked to several people during the cruise and they said that Holland America is more the older crowd. We are in our late 30's and I just would of preferred a more diverse crowd. Overall I loved cruising and I am planning my next cruise already.

Food was excellent, I couldn't believe how much food you can eat in one week.

Great beds in our balcony rooms. They were pillowtops!!

Pros: Food

Cons: The older crowd

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!