Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Family Thanksgiving Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

The ship was a nice size, not too large or too small. The staff were friendly and helpful. We never had to "reserve" the chais-lounges on deck because there plenty to be had by all.

Pros: I really enjoyed the Piano Bar.

Cons: The activities were few and far between.

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!

Don't go on this cruise if you are looking for loads of activities. The activities were few and far between. The entertainment staff didn't even wear uniforms so they were hard to spot when out on deck. The few activities we went to were overcrowded because it seemed people were looking for things to do.
I would have given this a "best" rating but I think they could have more trach cans in pubic areas, like around the elevators.
The food was excellent but predictable. I like more exotic foods and would have welcomed a unique dish every now and then. We had the first seating. Service was prompt and personal.
I had an inside cabin. The room was large and comfortable. Pillows were soft and the bed real comfy.
The stewards would go out of their way to make your room without you knowing it. I never caught them in the act of actually cleaning the room it was just clean whenever I returned to it.