Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

Loved leaving from New Orleans, we spent the night prior to departure in New Orleans and walked with our luggage to the pier in the morning. The ship was clean and nicely laid out. I appreciated and enjoyed the 'adults only' area outside the workout and spa area and it's where I spent my time. Work out machines were in great shape, the steam room and sauna were heaven and the adult pool area was large and comfortable.

Pros: The balcony, relaxing atmosphere

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

It's hard to rate the staff. Our stateroom attendant did his job well, thank you Mr. Al! Having previously been in customer service I could tell that he took pride in his work and enjoyed his job. Not so great in the Windjammer where there was excellent staff... and then those who appeared bored and put out. The only thing I could think of was that maybe the staff was too large?
No kid with us and I was worried that we'd have kids running around screaming and just being kids... not bad. the kids section is in one area of the ship and there is an adults only area too so no problem.
Voyager is a nice sized ship, clean and open feeling. Getting around is easy. We appreciated the quality smoking areas. We had a perfect location for us, on the 10th floor.
Somehow our dining time went from 5:30 to 8:00 but that was o.k., the Windjammer buffet serves all meals and has a nice variety of foods to pick from. Items change constantly so you don't get bored. We planned to try Johnny Rockets after seeing how the staff was entertaining the guests but we never made it - it looked like fun.
Plenty of closet space and the stateroom was nice and roomy. We loved the balcony and wouldn't cruise without one. There were two chairs and a small table on the balcony.
Penty to do or do nothing if you choose! I enjoyed the walk for Make-a-Wish and the nice tee shirt... my friend liked watching how they make the towel animals.. but we were on board for rest and relaxation and no stress and were able to get exactly that! The band that played at the pool was superb. When Synergy played for just a little bit to introduce the band playing for the 70's show, Katrina mixed with the crowd and everyone adored her.