Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful Ship, Wonderful Crew, But...

Sail Date: November 26, 2011

The Voyager of the Seas is a lovely, large ship with plenty of entertainment options, and a wonderful crew. If the food was better, it would make an unbeatable combination.

Pros: The crew was very well trained and especially friendly

Cons: The food was not that good, which is unusual for any ship, let alone this one

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

I had bad luck with the food; my wife fared a bit better. Avoid the soups, they're weak. Do not eat the pool-side cookout food ... stick to the traditional eating venues. Menus had variety, but not too many choices that I would enjoy. When I picked, I apparently picked poorly. As an example, they offered beef stroganoff, but it arrived with no sauce whatsoever and filled with green peppers. Not good. Food in the buffet restaurant was fairly consistent.
This was our first experiment with an interior room. It was, of course, small, but it was more than adequate, except for the tiny shower, which created leg-shaving challenges for my wife.
The decor is top notch, and Voyager is a floating museum of paintings, sculptures, etchings, tapestries, photographs, statues, etc. The venues are large and comfortable. The rooms are comfortable with sufficient closet space (we were interior).
Super crew. Each and every crew member was courteous, friendly, bright, entusiastic. Most servers remembered our names, even if they had not seen us in a few days and had not seen our stateroom card. Can't say enough nice things about Voyager's crew.
Spice and variety. Ship production numbers were very good, as were the ice skating show, 3 different comedians, the Coasters, a champion juggler, and the small-venue performers. The venues were comfortable, attractive, and large enough that we did not have to search for seats.