Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Bildge/Mold of the Seas

Sail Date: July 01, 2011

Room Type: Suite

The terminal for embarkation is very crowded, huge lines, not air conditioned, and overall very disorganized. The ship itself should be overhauled again, it is in serious need of work. There are water stains (huge) on the carpets in the hallways on all decks. We stayed on deck 7 in a Junior Suite and our bathroom toilet had a leak. I called the first day to maintenance to fix it, it stopped for about 6 hours, then leaked all throughout the cruise. Of course this is extremely unhealthy. I called several more times to be told that they would come and fix it again. To no avail, it leaked the entire cruise. My clothes got soaked with this unsanitary water and smelled terribly. I had to get a large plastic bag to put them in before packing them in my suitcase for the rest of our trip. Decks 4/5 smelled of a bilge pump malfunction. It was intolerable to be on Deck 4 (Promenade). The worst smell was on Deck 1, it was unbearable. We literally had to hold our breath as we disembarked from the gangway to the ports of call. This ship should be condemned. We came all the way to Venice, Italy to take this cruise from Los Angeles and this is what we got. Disgusting at best!

Pros: Food

Cons: The ship smelled repulsive. Our toilet leaked for 7 days, I called multiple times, it was not fixed properly, it leaked everyday/night. Deck 1 is not suitable for human life to inhabit, although the crew lives down there. Deck 1 is where the gang way is and we had to literally plug our noses!

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.

Again, please read about our plumbing problems that were never fixed.
Our stateroom attendant left our suite door open one afternoon. My husband was furious. The dining room staff were good.
Very few shows. The kids club was great. Our son went a couple times and liked it.
Read review, please
The only redeeming thing on this old barge.
Our 6 year old liked the Kid's Club a lot. He said he had fun, the counselors were well prepared and seemed happy working there with the kids. My child only said that that it was too hot in there, which it was. The air conditioning was not working right.