Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Cruise Blues

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

This was our first cruise (my wife and I). We have heard many great things from my parents about Royal Caribben and everywhere they have been (5+ cruises w/ Royal Caribbean) so we decided to take one. The Windjammer was good, what do you expect out of a buffet, because if you're expectations are high, lower them. The dining experience can go two ways. The food was absolutely perfect, but we had horrible service. Our waiter was not wanting to take good care of us as much as the next table. Our last formal evening, the alcohol waiter dropped a tray of liquor on me. Although I did get a bottle of wine out of it, I also received a stained shirt that I had to throw away and a very upset wife that still wanted to take pictures. Our stateroom service was immaculate. Always clean (they clean twice a day!) and the lady that cleaned it knew our names before we had even met her! This ship also has a Johnny Rockets. Which if you're not in the mood for buffet or a 'fine' dining experience is always a good stop for a burger, fries and pretty delicious onion rings. Overall, we will sail again w/ Royal Caribbean, but not on this ship.

Pros: The Food

Cons: Service

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.

We're not much into drinking or gambling, and by the time the shows were scheduled in the evening we were just too tired.
Everyone was friendly and felt very welcome on the ship, except for the dining staff.
The ship needs work. From doors not opening to sewage leaks right outside of our door.
Great food! Got to try many things that we have been wanting to try. Service just plain sucked.
Awesome!