The Lawrence Welk Cruise

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Sail Date: April 01, 2010
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
I went on this cruise with my soon to be 21 year old daughter. This was a repositioning cruise, and for that reason there were a lot of days at sea. The majority of the passengers were so elderly that the cruise director had a "bling your scooter" parade. There was nothing for those of us of baby boomer ages and younger to do during those days at sea except to sun by the pool on days when weather permitted. On other days we did a lot of reading.

Internet is extremely slow and extremely expensive. Also, it can only be accessed in public areas. Of course the slow speed makes a lot more money for the cruise line.

Almost all activities were aimed at the super senior set.

Also, although my online ticket package stated that I could sign a waver for my daughter to consume beer and wine, which I did, she was given a child's ship pass and could not order anything other than soft drinks. This was even while in the Mediterranean where the legal age everywhere is 18.

The wait staff was great, but the food was mediocre at best. I've cruised Carnival and Norwegian and both had better dining options and a greater selection of food.

I thought that this wold be a great Transatlantic adventure, but was disappointed in the reality.

Pros: The ports of call

Cons: Too few activites for people under 75

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.