Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Never again!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

NEVER AGAIN! After 12 cruises of all different lengths to all corners of the earth I will never again set sail on any other cruise line. RCC, hands down, was THE best venue for my hard-earned money. From the champagne reception, to the exotic ports of call and the incredible onboard service in each of the restaurants, bars and cafes, RCC has it over the competition. Imagine a serendipitous chat with the captain! Nooks for reading and quiet time. Fabulous entertainment, lots of opps to play. Hungry at 3 a.m.? No problem...come on down for a Ben and Jerry's, a latte and sandwich or my all time favorite, a sugar free chocolate chippie.

Pros: BEST value for the money!

Cons: TOOOOO short!

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

Size was handy and manageable. At every turn, public areas were well appointed, decorated, spic'n'span and -- important for the ladies -- restroom friendly.
The hardest choice was where to dine...freestyle Windjammer was my all favorite, thought sharing the day's adventures with a really cool table of 6 helped enliven early evenings. Like lobster tails, prefer steak? My all time favorite was salmon, and the desserts? No need to pay penance later...I opted for the sugar freebies, and never missed out!
I prefer interior rooms...cozy and comfy and THE BEST BEDS in the world. Softest sheets, PLENTY of storage space even in the smallest of rooms. I peeked into a suite and considered selling my firstborn to purchase an owner's suite of my own. Our cabin attendants earned their tips and a hug 10 times over. Truly butler quality! Hot showers 24 hours a day, plenty of clean towels, never a smudge on a mirror or countertop...twice a day seems like someone came to clean!
I cruise to get away from it all. As a writer, I need my space and quiet time. If I needed to borrow a pen, staff gave me a fresh one to keep. Smiles were never supercilious, and I felt appreciated as a customer...a return customer, at that!
Oh, my gosh! Entertainment galore. Around the clock place to rock, lots of gaming and community activities for those who like getting together. I prefered the library and the art lectures, the history orientations to our ports of call and the concerts...oh yes, the midnight movies, too! The Vault was packed with late nighters and the quiet jazz alleys, duets and deck parties drew their share. Something for everyone, including the option to just chill!