Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Relaxing cruise

Sail Date: May 06, 2007

We had heard some great things about this ship so I was really excited to find out just HOW big it was. It was grande and massive. Having cruised on other ships and lines I would have to say that the layout was not as user friendly as some of the other ships. After a day and a half I got used to finding my way around and it was worthwhile.

Pros: The options available and flexibility onboard. Great cruise activeties when you are sailing at sea and helpful staff

Cons: They were not ever clear on alternative transport options at ports far away from the city.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
I have two problems with this port. first it is far away from the city of Palma. You have to take a taxi (which as I will tell you ripping tourist off is the norm in this city) which was 15 Euro! We walked thinking it would not be that bad but a woman stopped us and said ' take the number 1 bus which costs 1 euro'. We found out the bus leaves from right outside the port all the way into the city and drops you off right back at the port! Take it! It is only 1 euro 10! The city itself was beautiful and if you get off the bus at the old village you will be in awe of the old houses, churches and landscape. But one thing I cannot stress most, use exact change! We got short changed massivly while asking for change for two tens on a 13 euro bill. The guy lied that we gave him 15 and ignored us. They LOVE to rip tourist off in this city.
Don't Miss: Number 1 bus to and from the port for 1 euro 10
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Don't Miss: Number 1 bus to and from the port for 1 euro 10
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Excellent port and easy access to Nice and Monaco. When we got off the tourist office in the port office were so helpful with times etc (there was a strike, the French are always in srtike!). Villefranche was beautiful as well but we spent most the day in Monaco.
Don't Miss: Monaco!!