Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A good cruise

Sail Date: January 06, 2007

Overall the Voyager was an average cruise considering other cruises we have taken. The casino was so smoke-filled that several nights I went back to my cabin early because I couldn't stand the irritation. It may not be possible to prohibit smoking but at least improve the ventilation to move the air around. There was a non-smoking section but I really don't like to play at those game tables.
The meals were average with only one that was outstanding. The service was excellent and the wait staff superb which made those times the highlights of our entire week. If not for the fun-loving and extremely personable waiters - this cruise would have been a bust in my opinion. And, the chances of getting similar personalities on the next Royal Caribbean cruise make us leery of booking another trip with RC.
The entertainment was average overall but the Cruise Director was hilarious. He was the exceptional and I am glad that we didn't miss his late "adult" show!
It was also our first trip to RC's island which was a waste of time since we don't participate in any water activities. To us the time could have been better utilized on another island.
Perhaps our expectations were too high with RC and we will try another line on our next trip since we were disappointed in the overall experience.

Pros: Upper deck and pool area

Cons: Casino, food and entertainment

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Great shopping and beautiful island
Not much time to see and do much
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
See comments above
Don't Miss: Nothing
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Great shopping and beautiful island
Not much time to see and do much
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
See comments above