Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review

Second Mate

This was my me and my husband's first cruise. We left Miami on December 26, 1999 and were cruising until January 2, 2000. I am 27 and my husband is 41. I will give a brief review of this ship. We had a blast! The ship is HUGE and you must bring a camcorder to capture the beauty. Our pictures we could understand, but people who were not on the ship will not understand them because it's so hard to get it all into one photo. We got on the ship in a breeze. We boarded around 11 am and were on the ship within 10 minutes. Our luggage was in our cabin within the hour. Great work RCCL! The cabin was an inside cabin on deck 7 towards the back of the ship. The cabin was small but we had enough room for all of our stuff. There was a shower, but no tub. The nice thing was that the shower head comes off and can be hand held. This is great because my husband is 6'4" and I am 6'1". The dryer is in the top drawer and the cabin steward, Myra, was wonderful. The ship is huge, but we found our way around the first day. We had main seating on the Magic Flute dining room, table #514. All the waiters were great, except the head waiter was a little "too nice". You could tell he was just looking for a big tip. The food was good but not excellent. One night everyone at the table gave back their selections though. We were seated with two other wonderful couples and the atmosphere was great. We were told to get late seating by friends, but the main seating turned out to be perfect and we would not change it back even if we had a choice. The ship was completely booked for the millennium cruise and we could not move our dining choice or upgrade our room. There was only one midnight buffet and it was on New Year's Eve. . . very disappointing. We really were expecting more.