Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review

Contributor Level: Second Mate

From: "Barry Gerber" bgerber21@excite.com Name:Barry Gerber Date of cruise: 12th voyage If Royal Caribbean's intention was to build the first truly floating resort, than with the launching of the Voyager of the Seas they more than succeeded in this effort. After having been on 14 cruises in last 15 years I consider myself a cruise aficionado and after reading the reviews on all the cruise boards concerning this ship I must admit I was expecting just another cruise albeit a significantly large one. First I want to say that I don't intend to describe all the features found on board this vessel (other reviews have described the ship endlessly and better than I can) but rather add my insight as to the intangibles and nuances that I observed. If my comments and observations can aid anyone booked or is planning to book aboard the Voyager , than I consider this a job well done. When you first enter the Port of Miami , you realize the only ship visible is the Voyager. Towering some 20 stories tall it truly is a massive structure, and stands out from all other ships in port, how massive she really is will be described later. The terminal is reminiscent of the Canada Terminal in Vancouver, complete with canvas sails, and is quite large inside with many passenger embarkation personal to aid in the pre-boarding procedure. This was the fastest I have ever been cleared to embark taking approximately five minutes. And this was taking place at 1:00 in the afternoon with no crowds, or lines. Two comments I have to make here, first, the embarkation staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Second , they will ask you for a birth certificate , unusual for me since this was first time I was ever asked to produce one.